Here are a few things we suggest you do to get started using the Mulch:
To find your to your PROFILE or to Search the website look to the upper right corner - the first image is what it looks like before you log in, then second image is what is looks like after you've logged in:
- Find your gardening climate zone (either Sunset or USDA or both) and add it to your My Profile page. Tutorials: Finding Your Gardening Climate Zone and Add Your Climate Zone To Your Profile.
- Share a little about you and your garden by answering our gardening questions on your My Profile page. Tutorial: My Profile: Edit, Answer Questions, Change Password etc. .
- Start a list of the plants you grow. Add five plants (at least) you own to your "My Plants" list to get acquainted with how things work. Tutorial: How To Create Your MY PLANTS list.
- Search for and use Plant Care Reminders for your climate zone which will be on your My Plant Care page. Tutorial: Plant Care Reminders - Finding and Using Them.
- Ask or answer your gardening questions in our Forums section.
Here are some good resources:
- User's Guides section (go to Articles then User Guides).
- Getting Started Guide: This is an in depth to using the Mulch!
- Creating and Using Your Plant List: A step by step guide (very helpful).
- Plant Care Reminders: Finding and Using Them (our most unique feature).
- List of all our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
- Link to your My Profile page in our Community.
All of the above are good resources to remember, if I were to suggest one thing to do is log in, then:
- Go the the View All Plant Care page
- Filter the available Monthly Plant Care Reminders by your Sunset or USDA Climate Zone.
- Scroll through the results and either "View" the plant care reminders or "Use" them.
- When you "Use" them you are automatically creating a customized list of Plant Care Reminders for the plants you're growing in the climate zone you live in! You can find your personal Plant Care Reminders here https://themulch.com/my-plant-care.
You can browse through all our plant care here:
Search our Plant Encyclopedia and create a list of the plants you're growing, then see which plants have free Plant Care Reminders for you to use - like this: