200c3216142b4b07624b9e06d2ecb03e

Forum Search

Keyword

Holes in leaves of green beans

More
27 May 2013 07:27 #2357 by Dmorgan
Dmorgan created the topic: Holes in leaves of green beans
I have something chewing on my green bean leaves. This is my first garden here in San Diego. I cannot find any worms or caterpillars on the leaves.I have even looked at night. What organic cure is out there for this problem? :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2013 09:12 #2358 by Mitch
Mitch replied the topic: Re:Holes in leaves of green beans
any chance you could put a photo of the problem? If you need help uploading a photo you can email it to me and I'll do it for you. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

thanks
Mitch

More
27 May 2013 13:39 #2359 by Julie Bawden-Davis
Julie Bawden-Davis replied the topic: Re:Holes in leaves of green beans
A photo would definitely help in ID of your problem. In general, caterpillars chew holes in the interior of leaves, while beetles chew along the leaf margins. It could also be a grasshopper, which chews throughout the leaf. And then there are snails and slugs, which leave shiny slime trails and feed throughout the leaf. The controls are different for each type of pest, so it's important to pinpoint the problem before using any controls, and it is good that you are asking.

Moderators: Julie Bawden-Davis
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds

Featured Plant Care

Organic Rose Monthly Plant Care

Rose (Rosa Hybrid) Organic Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Roses
You can have these monthly Plant Care Reminders sent directly to you each month!
Blue Hibiscus Montly Plant Care

Hibiscus - Blue (Alyogyne huegelii) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Shrubs
You can have these monthly Plant Care Reminders sent directly to you each month!
Cammellia sinensis Monthly Plant Care

Camellia sinensis - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Shrubs
Apricot Monthly Plant Care

Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Edibles

Latest Articles

Edit Your Tagged Photos!

How to Edit or Remove A Plant "Tag" In Your Garden Photos

Instead of 'Tagging' your friends on Facebook, now you can 'Tag' your Plants in your…
Seed Starting

10 Easy Cut Flowers to Direct Sow

in Seeds
A cut-flower garden or "cutting garden" allows you to bring the beauty of your garden…

Popular Articles

Baseball Field Maintenance

Baseball Field Maintenance - A General Guide for Fields of All Levels

in Lawn
More great baseball field resources can be found here (including a pdf version of this…
Queen Palm Care & Use

The Queen Palm (Syagrus romanzoffiana) Care & Use

in Trees
Jungle Music Palms and Cycads is a family owned and operated business established in 1977
Microgreens

What are Microgreens and How to Grow Them

in Edibles
Microgreens are tiny leafed vegetables that are grown from seed and require very little…
Kahili Ginger Plant Care

Hedychium gardnerianum (Kahili Ginger) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

User Guides (Slide)

Popular Recommendations (Slide)