acac7a03cddff0d0e6075d20fc9d9254

Forum Search

Keyword

Any remedies against pests

More
08 Jun 2018 00:21 #2483 by AlmaWalker
AlmaWalker created the topic: Any remedies against pests
Hi,
Being a first-time veggie gardener, I do have some questions, hoping someone can help me with replies. I am planning to visit a nearby plant nursery ( stwilliamsnursery.com/#sthash.yJKWA01f.dpbs ) to collect some native seeds that suit our climate here in Ontario. I am little confused with the space for gardening. Is it possible to grow vegetables in containers or in bottles, for those who do not have any place other than their terrace or open tops? I read articles regarding its possibility. There is a small veggie collection in my open tops. But pests eat around the edges of my plants which makes me disappointed to grow more veggies.
I suspect the birds. They had already decimated two of my 4 lettuce seedlings of which I stretched cotton thread across the top of them to scare them off. Before planting new plants, I should know the remedies against pests. Also, I would like to know which set of plant suits for a beginner in gardening. Any bit of help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2018 04:05 #2494 by TonyBrooks
TonyBrooks replied the topic: Any remedies against pests
Gardening is a delightful hobby. Salad greens(lettuce, spinach, arugula and corn salad), radishes, green beans or sweet potatoes are some of the best garden crops for the beginners. Using organic pest control methods are best. Some of the tips are:

- Actively monitor your garden so you identify pest problems early.

- Plant strategically so you can attract your pests predators.

- Use organic pesticides only when other pest control techniques have failed.

If these methods fail and it becomes impossible to control the garden pests it is always advisable to consult pest exterminator for the help. They have the required knowledge and experience to identify the pests and do the required solution to get rid of them forever. They also give tips which are very useful in keeping our plants protected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Julie Bawden-Davis
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Featured Plant Care

Microgreens

What are Microgreens and How to Grow Them

in Edibles
Microgreens are tiny leafed vegetables that are grown from seed and require very little…
Artichoke Monthly Plant Care

Artichoke - Edible Globe (Cynara scolymus) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Edibles
You can have these monthly Plant Care Reminders sent directly to you each month!
Green Bean Monthly Plant Care - photo by Burpee

Bean - Green (Phaseolus vulgaris) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Edibles
You can have these monthly Plant Care Reminders sent directly to you each month!
Red Raspberry Monthly Plant Care

Raspberry- Red (Rubus idaeus) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

in Edibles

Latest Articles

Echeverias roots

How to Slice and Re-root Large Echeverias

Widely known as the “Queen of Succulents,” Debra Lee Baldwin is the award-winning garden…

Plant Care Reminders List of Links

We have monthly regional plant care reminders for many plants. This is a list of links…
Jungle Music Palms and Cycads

Jungle Music Palms, Cycads & Tropical Plants - November Newsletter

Bring the Tropics Indoors! House Plants Bring Your Tropical Passion Indoors! At Jungle…
Join the Mulch and get a bunch of Walking onion bulblets!

Join the Mulch & Get a Free Bunch of Walking Onion Bulblets!

We'd like you to join theMulch and start using all of the great tools we've created to…

Popular Articles

Baseball Field Maintenance

Baseball Field Maintenance - A General Guide for Fields of All Levels

in Lawn
More great baseball field resources can be found here (including a pdf version of this…
Queen Palm Care & Use

The Queen Palm (Syagrus romanzoffiana) Care & Use

in Trees
Jungle Music Palms and Cycads is a family owned and operated business established in 1977
Microgreens

What are Microgreens and How to Grow Them

in Edibles
Microgreens are tiny leafed vegetables that are grown from seed and require very little…
Kahili Ginger Plant Care

Hedychium gardnerianum (Kahili Ginger) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar

User Guides (Slide)

Popular Recommendations (Slide)