Our goal has always been to make a place where you can get gardening information that is relevant ABOUT YOUR GARDEN sent to YOU, instead of you having to go search for it every time.
We're searching the internet, interviewing Experts, publishing blogs and regional articles, finding plant photos, researching plants, finding plant care information (and much more) and bringing it back to the Mulch for YOU to use at your leisure.
Gardeners of all abilities, and gardening businesses of all shapes and sizes can benefit from joining the Mulch .
Answer: You're free to look around all you'd like (we love it when you do!) but all of our interactive features are reserved for members. We do this in order to make sure everything is safe, gardening related, and so we can connect you to the information you're interested in. In fact, a lot of the unique 'member only' features aren't even visible if you're not logged in. The best example is that we make it possible to keep track of the plants in your garden by simply adding it to your personal member profile. Just click a button on a plant from our plant encyclopedia and it's added to your list. From that point on you're automatically connect to plant research, photos, comments, Forums, available Plant Care Sharing and much more! So please, join today and start using our interactive features!
Question: Would it be a good idea for gardening professionals and gardening companies to Join?
Answer: Absolutely! We have a bunch of great features designed specifically for gardening professionals. Here's a good article about Promoting Your Organization on theMulch for FREE! If nothing else you should join using your company name so someone else won't take it!
Among our many features, we're developing a Plant Care Sharing feature that you can say where you live, and what plants you have and be able to get plant care advice sent directly to your computer.
When to Buy a Plant, Fertilize, Prune, Harvest, Transplant and all sorts of other important tasks can be automatically sent to your computer year round. It's easy to do, just tell us what plants you're growing and select the care instructions and this care information will be automatically sent to you for easy on demand access!
Imagine how great it would be to have ONE place that reminds you what you should be doing to be successful in your garden!
- Easily Create a Personalized Plant Care Calendar by Using Other Gardener's Expertise. Here's an example from Mitch's southern California Garden.
- Create your personal member profile and plant list. Here's an example from Mitch's Profile.
- Create a plant list and keep track of the Plants in Your Garden. Here's an example from Mitch's Plant List.
- Find all of the latest Plant Care Reminders at our Plant Care Hub.
- Find Plant Care Providers and see all of their Plant Care Reminders.
- View all our available Plant Care by Month.
- Find all sorts of Special Deals and Discounts.
- Connect to friends and other gardeners by the plants you have.
- Find out who is growing what, and how they are doing it.
- Keep notes about the plants your interested in.
- Ask questions and get answers in our Forums.
- Get expert Plant Recommendations.
- Post your favorite Gardening Links in our Directory.
- Post events in our Gardening Calendar.
- Share your photos.
- And much more!!!
This is a very exciting time here at the Mulch, and we hope you'll participate and help us build the best gardening resource in the world.