New FAQ, More Plant Care and Plant Names
Written by Mitch Shirts Monday, 05 March 2012 00:00
Our website has so much information being added and updated that I decided to post an update to keep the members informed.
I wrote a new FAQ that explains how to remove a plant from your personal plant lists (My Plants, My Wishlist, My Recommendations, My Troubled Plants, My Plant Cemetery) and you can see it here:
I've also added a number of articles:
- Growing Tomatoes from Seed - by Renee Shepherd (of Renee's Garden).
- Calendula officinalis (Pot Marigold) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar - by John Noble of Coastal Sage Gardening
- Borago officinalis (Borage) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar - by John Noble of Coastal Sage Gardening
You can see all of our latest articles and special offers at our ARTICLES hub here.
Proven Winners and Spring Meadow Nursery have agreed to start creating Monthly Plant Care Reminders for some of their most popular shrubs and they asked me to add a list of about 125 shrubs to our plant encyclopedia so they could get to work on them.
You can see the list of their plant care reminders on their Plant Care Providers page here or you can hover your mouse over "Plant Care Reminders" then click on the "Plant Care Providers" link and you'll see al lof the different people and organizations that have created Plant Care Reminders.
I added the following plants to our Plant Encyclopedia.
Buxus sempervirens 'Katerberg' NORTH STAR™
Buxus microphylla var. koreana 'Eseles' WEDDING RING™
Caryopteris x clandonensis ‘Minibleu’ PETIT BLEU™
Caryopteris incana ‘Jason’ SUNSHINE BLUE®
Ceanothus x pallidus 'Minmari' MARIE BLEU™
Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Dow Whiting' SOFT SERVE®
Clethra alnifolia 'Caleb' ppaf VANILLA SPICE™
Cornus stolonifera ‘Farrow’ ARCTIC FIRE™
Cornus sanguinea 'Cato' ARCTIC SUN™
Deutzia gracilis ‘Duncan’ CHARDONNAY PEARLS®
Euonymus alatus ‘Select’ FIRE BALL®
Euonymus fortunei ‘Interbolwi’ BLONDY®
Euonymus fortunei ‘Roemertwo’ GOLD SPLASH®
Forsythia x 'Mindor' SHOW OFF™
Genista lydia 'Select' BANGLE™
How To Take Advantage of the Mulch (you must be a member and logged in).
1. Create a list of the plants in your garden on the Mulch - Learn How Here.
2. Find your Climate Zone - Learn How Here.
3. Add it to your Profile - Learn How Here.
4. Search our website for Monthly Plant Care Reminders for plants in your Climate Zone and have them sent directly to your Profile - Learn How Here.
5. Check what you're supposed to be doing in your garden for your plants each month for FREE on your MY PLANT CARE page!
- You can get Plant Care Reminders sent directly to your Profile page, learn how.
- See all of Proven Winners Color Choice Monthly Plant Care Reminders here.
- See all available Plant Care Reminders at the Plant Care Hub here.
- Search for plant care alphabetically here.
- Search our plant database for photos and more great information here.
I'm going to be posting updates like this all the time, I hope you enjoy them.
Please let me know if you have any questions or have any plant care you'd like to contribute.
Live Website Help
- Free Shipping & 15% Off + Dozens of Black Friday Deals! - Gardener's Supply
- Rain Barrel Rebate Information and last minute Thanksgiving shopping - Barrels & Branches Nursery
- Garden Classes + Upcoming Events at WAN - Walter Andersen Nursery
- Free Shipping + Gifts for Bird-Lovers – On Sale Now! - Gardener's Supply