Plant Care Reminders - Finding and Using Them
Written by The Mulch Team
With our Regional Monthly Plant Care System you can use other experts' Plant Care Knowledge to easily create your own Monthly Plant Care Calendar!
Home gardeners can say this is where I live, and these are the plants I have then in turn get plant care advice sent directly to your personal profile page, so then you can simply check your Monthly Plant Care any time, day or night, to see what you should be doing in your garden. See when to Buy a Plant, Fertilize, Prune, Harvest, Transplant and all sorts of other important tasks, automatically, year round.
Here's an example of what you can do with our plant care system:
Mitch has created his own plant care calendar using other experts monthly reminders and you can see it here (just click on the little "+" sign to expand each category). The best thing is all he needed to know was the name of the plants he has and the zone he's in (find your zone here). He's got reminders from Walter Andersen Nursery, Solana Succulents, Steve Brigham, Jack Shoultz and many more! YOU CAN DO EASILY DO THE SAME FOR FREE!
The basic idea is very simple (you must be a member and be logged in first):
Here's a small example of what to BUY in September on Mitch's Plant Care list (each of 14 tasks have their own list, Fertilize, Plant, Prune etc).
There are a number of ways to find free care instructions which can be sent to your profile page. Everywere you see this watering can icon it means there is Plant Care Advice available for that plant. Just click on the icon to view the instructions and see if you'd like them to be sent to your profile.
A number of ways to find the regional plant care instructions available on the Mulch.
1. Find plant care that has already been created. A number of options are located in the menu bar (see examples below):
- Find the Latest Plant Care and Plant Care by Group on the Plant Care Hub (shown above).
- Find Plant Care by the different Plant Care Providers (shown above).
- Instantly see what the plant care providers are saying you should be doing in your region in our View plant Care by Month section (shown above).
- Browse the whole list of available plant care (listed alphabetically) in our View All Plant Care Section (shown above).
2. Another way to find available plant care is on the individual plant detail pages (we also call these the Plant Encyclopedia pages). Below you can see where you can find our Plant Encyclopedia.
Once you've found the plant you're interesed in our Plant Enclopdia you'll end up on a page something like this. You can see the "View Plant Care" link in the example below.
When you click on the "View Plant Care" link (shown above) it will show you a list of all available plant care for that specific plant (example below).
3. Another way to find Plant Care is to create a list of plants that you own (learn how here).This is a great and important feature of the Mulch and an excellent way to start. Your "My Plants" area acts a HUB for plant information. When you add a plant to your "My Profile" page you'll see all sorts of related information about the plants you own. Including photos, links, a place to comment, to create private notes and most importantly Plant Care Information! Specifically. This icon is a link to all Plant Care for that specific plant. You can see the number 2, that means there are two sets of Plant Care available for this plant. Just click on the button and it will take you to the "view plant care" area (see above).
Here's an example of what it one plant looks like on the "My Plants" page once you've clicked on the "USE" button. You can see lots of great information and links automatically created specifically for the plant you are growing in your garden!
4. Use our Plant Care Module.
You'll see a module (shown below) that will display random Plant Care links based on a group of plants. For instance the module below is showing flowering shrubs that have Plant Care created for our members. Simply click on the botanical name in the module and it will take you to the list of available Plant Care for that plant.
Flowering Shrubs: Get plant care reminders sent to you for the plants in YOUR garden. Click below to visit each plant and their available plant care!Plant Care (421)
It may look pretty complicated, but it's not:
One thing is for sure - CONTACT US if you have any questions!
Live Website Help
Plant Care Articles
- Mandevilla sanderi 'Red Riding Hood' (Red Riding Hood Dipladenia - Monthly Plant Care Calendar
- Vitis californica (California Wild Grape) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar
- Wisteria spp (Wisteria) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar
- Passiflora spp (Passion Flower) - Monthly Plant Care Calendar
- Plant Care Reminders - Vines - Sunset Zone 24
- Plant Care Reminders - Trees - Sunset Zone 24
- Plant Care Reminders - Herbs - Sunset Zone 24
- Eschscholzia californica (California Poppy) - Monthly Plant Care Reminders
Most Popular Features
- Getting Started Guide
- Monthly Plant Care
- Ask Gardening Questions
- Promote Your Business For Free
- Add Your Gardening Event to the Calendar
- Plant Database
- Links for Gardening Goods & Services
- Add Your Link to Our Directory
- Connect to Other by Your Plants
- Latest Articles
- Plant Care Articles
- Expert Plant Recommendations
- Save up to 85% + Get Free Shipping! - Gardener's Supply
- Good Earth Plants & GreenScaped Buildings Newsletter - Good Earth Family of Companies
- Get it While It’s Hot! Save up to 85% + Free Shipping! - Gardener's Supply
- Fall and Winter Root Crops - Territorial Seed Company
- New Planters Overflow with Waves of Blooms - Gardener's Supply
- Buy $100 of Irritrol Products and Get a Chance to Win an iPad or GoPro Camera! - Hydro-Scape Irrigation & Landscape Supply