The Mulch Gardening Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Container forum??
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Container forum??
bgrow_gardens
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Container forum?? 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I don't know about anyone else but most of my plants are in containers at the moment. Yard plants, plus houseplants... I think a container forum might be useful to some?
I even grow some tomatoes in containers. I'm sure some variety's are more suited to this than others.. For example I grew the tomato 'amana gold' in a container and also in the ground and you guessed it the one in the ground out performed the one in the container as far as size of the plant itself. However, I found that the container plant had a lot more tomatoes on it.
There are other vegetables in my opinion that do really well in containers. For example my strawberries were quite prolific this year in containers. My brugmasia's on the other hand in the ground did rather poorly, Although, I have to admit the ones in the containers were rather exceptional. Go figure?!! Maybe I'm just having a great grow it in a container sort of year??

A lot of folks like myself, included just do not have the wide open spaces to try anything, and everything in the ground these days. Myself included here. I know I won't be at this residence all that long. So I don't want to put my good plants in the ground and really get them really established. Then tear them to shreds when I have to move on or just plain forget them by accident. Sometimes just due to 'die back', and forgetting about them... Not being able to go back and retrieve them, when I happen to think about those particular plants.

When I realize that I've accidentally forgotten the said particular plant! Daffodil's are an excellent example of this phenomenon!... Yikes! On the other hand, I do want to maintain some plants via container just so I know that it is important, and to take it with me. Until I am in a more permanent situation where I can actually start some really serious gardening.

I am positive that there might be other folks out there that might fall into the same situations? Well that's my suggestion for now just a thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth since there is a place for suggestions..... If I missed a spot for "container gardening" please let me know and direct me to it so I can happily enjoy it. Of course you guessed it I'll throw my opinion in too...

bgrow_gardens

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
lavender22
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Container forum?? 1 Year, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I agree with you that we need a container garden form I for one live in a small condo and I have been doing container gardening for years:)

Logged Logged
lavender22
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Container forum?? 1 Year, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I love Container gardening and there is so many reasons to start one rather you have enough space or not:)Even if i lived in a place that did have enough space I would always have a container garden going someplace in my yard or on the porch:)

Logged Logged
Go to top

Live Website Help

Guests & Members

We have 1094 guests online